Sunday, April 8, 2018

Interview Responses

1. When did you first begin your workout journey?

  • Two weeks before hurricane Irma (August 28th, 2017)

2. What steps did you take in order to dedicate yourself to working out?

  • I forced myself to go to the gym because if I didn't, I would look at pictures of myself and be unhappy with the way look. When I didn't want to go I would force myself to take my pre-workout because once you take it you have to work out. Also, my friends work at the gym I go to so when they noticed I didn't go they would call me out for it and I had to go because my ego wouldn't let that go.

3. What do you feel has been the most important lesson you've learned from working out?

  • I don't want to sound like the stereotypical "never give up" but seriously, I have learned that dedication is the key to accomplish your goals. I never expected to achieve so much so quickly, especially with the way I looked before.
  • What made you decide that you could actually "do this"? 
    • I would look in the mirror and I would see the progress, like I'm not big yet but I'm getting somewhere and I want to get big. After the first month and a half I noticed that I would look down in the shower and my belly wouldn't be as prominent. I also just felt better, like I would wake up in the morning and I wouldn't feel the lack of energy that I used to.

4. Why did you decide that working out was for you?

  • Because I was tired of being fat and lazy; I was tired of looking the way I did and I decided I needed change in my life.

5. What would you say has positively impacted you the most in your fitness?

  • Aside from my large ego, probably my friends who work at my gym and the people who have been with me since before I made this change in my life.

6. What time of day do you feel is the best to work out at? Why?

  • Depends on the day, if I work or have school I will go right after school or an hour after work. I won't go between 5-7 because that's when the gym is the most crowded. On weekends, I will go in the morning before I start my day because if I don't go to the gym I feel useless.

7. What is your favorite pre-workout snack?

  • Orange, raspberries, a banana if I have any. If I'm really hungry I'll eat a peanut butter sandwich with a little jam if I haven't had too much sugar that day.

8. What is your favorite workout to do?

  • I have 2, a tricep routine with the cable thats a superset of 3 sets of 10 reps and I used to not enjoy legs that much but now that I'm getting better at the form, I enjoy deadlifting and squatting. I also actually enjoy the running that I do before my workout a lot. They're all equally my favorite.

9. What are essentials for you to bring to the gym? (For this question I want to include visuals based on his response)

  • My aminos, my air pods, my phone, car keys especially to claim areas, and a hair tie 

10. What advice do you have for a beginner?

  • You know how everyone says no one's watching? Well, everyone's watching but nobody cares; we're all here for the same thing and we all started somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment