Sunday, March 11, 2018

Final Genre Decision/Comparing Articles

After consideration and comparison between multiple genres of magazines, I finally made my decision. It was a little difficult for me to make a decision by comparing the topics superficially, but after research and comparison it was a lot easier. By looking at the front pages of online magazines, I was also able to compare the kinds of articles that would be included in each genre.
For example, for the beauty genre I looked at Allure, a well known beauty magazine, and the main article on the front page was titled "The Most Creative, Unique, and Daring Celebrity Looks of 2018" followed by an article titled "Makeup Revolution's Latest Launch Works as Blush, Highlighter, and Eyeshadow." Obviously, an article on the topic of celebrity makeup would not be realistic for me because I would have to somehow take pictures of celebrities. I also looked at a fashion magazine, VOGUE, that included articles like "This Made-in-Ghana Label Wants You to Keep Warm in Colorful African Textiles." Articles like this would be much more realistic for me because I know local boutiques that would be interested in participating. Finally, I viewed some fitness magazines; on the front page of fitness, the main article is "Lunge Free Butt Exercises For People With Bad Knees." This is also an article that could realistically be accomplished; I could easily write articles about my workout routines and take pictures of my friends working out.
After researching each genre, I finally decided on fitness because it is a part of my daily life as a player on the lacrosse team and among my friends's and my own workouts at the gym throughout the week. I feel that this will be the most enjoyable genre to do and the genre that I will be the most enthusiastic in creating my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment